Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My front load washer stopped in the middle of the spin

My front load washer...

My front load washer stopped in the middle of the spin cycle, like 6 minutes left, just stopped. The door is locked and will not open. This happened 3 days ago. Pushing the pause button does nothing, shutting the power off, letting sit for half an hour clears the control but the door still will not open. Suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag Epic - about 10 years old...

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well I don't know, am I able to...or my husband (he is a little more handy than me)

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We live in Saskatchewan Canada or can you tell that

10/31/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Well this could be a number of things. First try to unplug the unit for a minute and plug it back in to reset the controls. If that does nothing then you will have to remove the top of the unit and reach down by the door latch and manually release it by pulling the tab down. Once open check if there is still water in the unit. If there is and the unit is totally dead you likely have a bad control board on the unit. See what you find and post the model number to me if you need more help.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! PLEASE REMEMBER to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

We have unplugged it a few times, and it still comes back to the same. Thanks for the information, at least will be able to get the door open and get it emptied - that was a huge concern to me. Thanks.

Ok no problem

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician