Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a double oven GE self cleaning oven and unable to get…

Customer Question
I have a double...

I have a double oven GE self cleaning oven and unable to get the lever to lock for self cleaning. Model # JKP27G0J3BG Series # VI1004081G. I have searched online and received msj. this model is no longer produced. I just want to know what to do to get the self cleaner lever to work. Thank you

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model # JKP27G0J3BG it is a built in double oven.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. What work would be involved to get the lever to close. I remove grates, turn the knobs to clean and the lever to lock the doors will not engage.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so. If I could find a manual online there should be instructions there.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 9 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

H​ello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Does the lever seem to be stuck on something? Have you tried pushing it all the way back and pushing it forward again?

can you double check that model number for me I am having a hard time pulling anything up with the one provided.

Never mind. Credit my credit card. The oven is no longer manufactured. All I want is a manual.

Just because its not manufactured doesn't mean that parts and such are not available or the manual. Are you still wanting help or no?