Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Fridge water filter is stuck... how do I remove. Model

Customer Question
Fridge water filter is...

Fridge water filter is stuck... how do I remove

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Model number

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

6 yrs old model number jfc2089hes serial number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Cant remove the water filter how do we remove it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 8 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Below are the instructions for that model to remove the water filter. You may already have those instructions, the issue is sometimes the water filter can become vapor locked due to pressure on the system, so try letting pressure off the system first by letting water run out of the dispenser for 2 minutes before hand. If your model does not have a dispenser, then you may need to turn off your water supply to the refrigerator and disconnect the water supply line on your home from the valve on the back of the refrigerator and remove the water line going to the ice maker from the valve as well to let pressure off. If after trying that the filter still will not come out then the water filter head has jammed and the water filter housing will have to be replaced.

click here for instructions to remove water filter

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, I'm sure you don't work for free please don't expect I should.