Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The ice maker is working and water dispenses, but there is a…

The ice maker is...

The ice maker is working and water dispenses, but there is a water leak inside the freezer.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Yes I have checked the settings. It is an LG - LRSC26910TT

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am planning to attempt repairing it if it is something I can do myself.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The only time there is a water leak is when I turn the ice maker on.

10/28/2017
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

First just check that the fill tube is positioned right at the back of the ice maker and is not just missing the ice maker. If that is ok also check and make sure there is nothing blocking the water flow to the ice maker like built up ice. If that that checks out then the ice maker mold itself is leaking or the ice maker is messed up sending voltage to the water valve when it shouldnt be either way the ice maker itself will have to be replaced to repair that.

Refrigerator Ice Maker

Part #: 5989JA0002G - click here for part info at sears

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, I'm sure you don't work for free please don't expect I should.

Joel Swenson
Thank you
No need to call - I appreciate your response.

Thank you for the rating.