Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I I have a Whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator freezer model…

Customer Question
I I have a...

I I have a Whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator freezer model number wsf26c3exw01 I cannot get the ice maker to work assuming that it had one it has an on and off switch behind the storage bin but when I turn the water on it drains into the bottom of the refrigerator am I missing something

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I just purchased this home so I'm not really sure it was manufactured in March 2013

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what it needs

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No I really don't know anything about this particular refrigerator

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 9 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to justanswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Give me a few minutes to pull up some information on your unit and I will be right with you.

sorry for the long delay I had another customer I had to finish up with I am ready when you are. Now your saying your not sure you have an ice maker? Or if it ever worked? Now turning it on you have to wait up to 24 hrs for it to start making ice. Do you have an ice bin and everything in there?

I it has a ice been on the door with a on and off button for the ice maker it does not have a lever in side the freezer so I'm confused I was told that the refrigerator has a ice maker it has it on the door so am I mistaken

ok yes this model does have an ice maker it should have the dispenser in the front. Is there an ice maker inside? Possibly the old tenant took the ice maker out because it was broken. Can you take pic for me if your not sure what you are looking at.

If it's located on the door then yes it does

an​d I am assuming you have turned it on? If you have does the water come out of the dispenser?

38; yes

ok so then the only option that there is that the ice maker itself is not working. The part is sold as a whole so the whole thing would need replaced. Give me one minute to pull up your parts list.

ha​ve you heard the fan kick on by the ice maker itself?

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.