Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a side by side refrigerator Model GS6SHAXLL03

Customer Question
I have a side...

I have a side by side refrigerator Model GS6SHAXLL03 purchased in 11/02. It works perfectly, but the ice maker isn/t producing ice. There is the on/off switch in freezer that seems frozen in place. Can't get it to move to off position. There is no water in the ice maker itself.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

It's a Whirlpool side by side, Model # GS6SHAXLL03. We purchased it in '02

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on how complicated the problem is

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We recently had our R/O system replaced. Cud that affect water flow

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 3 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

Check and see what position the auger fingers in the icemaker are in they should be point slightly above the horizontal position facing you. If they are check the small black RUBBER fill tube and squeeze it with your hand it should be pliable not rock hard. Let me know what you find.

John, Home Appliance Technician