Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My temp light on my frigidaire upright freezer stays on. I…

Customer Question
My hi temp light...

My hi temp light on my frigidaire upright freezer stays on

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I don't know the model but it is only about 4 years old. It is a mid size not very large.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends on whats wrong

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I'm aware of.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 9 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Is the door sealed shut well? Does the temp seem to not be right on the unit?

the door is sealed shut tight. we shut the unit off for a couple hours and even took some of the food out and put it in another unit to make sure nothing was blocking the top air flow and when we pluged it back in, the light was still on.
Are you going to charge me another $24.00 on top of the $5.00 and the $23.00?

if the site offers the automatic phone call request its not from me I am not available for a phone call at this time.

what is wrong with my unit?

well first I need the model number of your unit please.

model FFU14F5HWJ The unit does not seem to be as cold as it should be

sorry had to step away so there are three things I will need you to check on for me. One is the compressor in the back. its a black pot looking thing is it hot or warm? Next will be the fan next to the compressor is it running? Last will be the fan inside the freezer. Does it come on when they door is shut and stop running when the door is open?