Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My magtag neptune front loading washer will not drain

Customer Question
My magtag neptune front...

My magtag neptune front loading washer will not drain completely. I replaced the drain pump. In service mode output check I got the pump to turn on two times out of many tries. When I run it through a short cycle, when time to pump it will sit for 15 minutes then pump out 90% of the water then nd error.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

MAH8700A. 8 years old maybe

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately this is a common but big problem. It means that the relay on your main control board is beginning to fail and not sending power to the drain pump consistently. You'll need to replace the entire main control board which is no longer made so if you wanted to fix the issue, you'd need to remove the main board behind the control panel and send it to a place like Core Centric Solutions to have the board refurbished. It typically costs about $200 and takes a week or two.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.