Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Maytag MDB8969SDM3 dishwasher it fills with water…

I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag MDB8969SDM3 dishwasher it fills with water then just does a buzzing/humming noise for a few seconds then stops and buzzes again then stops and buzzes again it does drain the water when I cancel it but it will not wash on any cycle.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About one year old I just gave the model number

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/23/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the dishwasher fills and then it just buzzes, either your circulation pump has failed or something is jamming the pump. If it's less than a year old, just call warranty. If it's over a year old, you'd need to uninstall the dishwasher and remove the pump below the tub. Then check inside to see if anything is jamming the impeller. If not, then the pump will need to be replaced and it's about $100. Below is a link to the pump.

CLICK HERE for circulation pump

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Ok I believe it is 30 days out of warrenty just my luck.Are there any diagrams out there that show how to replace the pump it can not be that hard.
You can enter your model number at searspartsdirect.com if you wanted to see the parts breakdown diagrams, but it’s a bit too new for videos and manuals
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc