Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

In my bottom freezer refrigerator model795.7730.4600 the…

In my bottom freezer...

In my bottom freezer refrigerator model795.7730.4600 the lights do not go off when the doors are closed. refrig heats, what can be broken?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Kenmore (###) ###-####4600 purchased 2008

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We replaced the harness but the lights still stay on.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What triggers the lights to go off when the doors close? is it in the hinge mechanism which has a button on left and right side

10/23/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

This was a common failure on that unit, the main board in the back had small light relays on it. The relays were undersized and would stick closed and the lights would never go out. You need to replace the main board behind the unit to fix that issue. Here is a link to the part. It is on the back of the unit behind the small square access panel..Note you need the complete model and serial off the tag to get the correct one since there are 3 different ones for different series.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving for my service. That will also allow you to come back to me right here anytime for as many FREE followup questions you have!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician