Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a sheet stuck under the agitator of my GE

gtwn7450h1ww JA: Can you guesstimate how...
i have a sheet stuck under the agitator of my GE gtwn7450h1ww
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: i took the screw out of the agitator but can't remove the agitator
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i was going to try to do it myself
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: machine is 2 years old
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i have already taken off the plastic silver screw cover and unscrewed the set screw, but I'm not sure how to actually remove the agitator
10/22/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

These agitators are actually very difficult to remove. The center cap on the top of the agitator needs to be removed by prying around the edges with a small screwdriver or knife first and then the bolt down the center of the agitator unscrews. After that the agitator is just held on by friction. It's difficult to grab the agitator to remove it but I tend to use a towel and channel locks to grab one of the agitator vanes and then pull straight up and wiggle it a bit until it comes off.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc