Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire LFFH17F7HWD that is not freezing. The…

I have a Frigidaire...

I have a Frigidaire LFFH17F7HWD that is not freezing. The compressor is running. One line hot the other is cool. The fan is running and the coils are not frosted, they are cold and frosty on top cool on the bottom. The defrost coil has continuity.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2008. The model is LFFH17F7HWD

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I do.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing I can think of.

10/21/2017
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your Frigidaire refrigerator . Please give me a moment to review your question.

I'm Dave, Thank you

Hi Dave,

You did a good job of describing the symptoms - especially with the state of the evaporator coils and the lines by the compressor. Based on the information you gave me, your refrigerator is certainly low on refrigerant. This is an advance repair that requires special equipment, skill, and licensing. I would contact an appliance repair company that does sealed system work to come out and take a look at it. I normally charge $150 to do a refrigerant recharge. This cost may be what you would expect, depending on the company you hire.

- I hope I have earned a five star rating from you. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. A rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen will allow free follow up questions for this appliance through this link. Thank you.

Engineer-Tech
Thank you.

You're welcome.

Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech