Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to replace the blower wheel on a bosch dryer…

I am trying to replace...
I am trying to replace the blower wheel on a bosch dryer wmtc3300us/01 I can not figure out how to access it. I believe I need to take the front off, but the solution eludes me.
10/21/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

You have to remove the top, then the back and everything comes out the back to get to the blower wheel housing and motor. Here is a video to help.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving for my service. That will also allow you to come back to me right here anytime for as many FREE followup questions you have!

I WATCHED THAT VIDEO SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE I TRIED YOU. IF I KNEW HOW TO DISSASSEMBLE EVERYTHING, I WOULD NOT HAVE HAD TO ASK. I TOOK THE DRYER BACK OFF. I COULD NOT SEE HOW TO REMOVE THE SIDES. DOES THE DRUM JUST FALL OUT? IS IT CONNECTED TO THE FRONT OF THE DRYER? I WANTED TO KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT, SO I WOULD KNOW WHAT IS NORMAL AND WHAT MEANS I'VE BLOWN IT.
THIS IS FRUSTRATING. I AGREED TO PAY 28 FOR THE ANSWER I NEEDED, NOW YOU ARE TELLING ME ITS GOING TO BE NEARLY DOUBLE THAT. I AM NOT ALLOWED TO CHARGE MY CUSTOMERS LIKE THAT. IT FEELS LIKE I AM BEING TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF. I'D RATHER YOU HAD SAID 52 TO BEGIN WITH, THEN I COULD HAVE DECIDED THEN IF I FELT IT WAS WORTH IT.,
I just reread the e-mail. it said I could go back and forth 'til I have the answer I need. are you going to do that, or are we done?
its now 22 minutes since you last responded, apparently you have decided not to continue with me. at 11: 45 i will end this call from my side

I am sorry the site does the charging I am just the tech, Have you taken the back panel off yet or anything?

the back panel is off, and i am trying to remove the drum. i am taking a picture so i will have a reference.

OK once the back panel is off you will be able to remove the back bulkhead bearing assembly and then the belt you can remove then the drum will slide out the back and everything will be exposed.

ok, if i take the back bulkhead out of its slots, do i need to remove the bearing assembly also?

Just the clip not the bearing assembly.

thanks i'll be back

OK no problem at all.

THE DRUM IS OUT AND THERE IS A HOLE IN THE CASE THAT I THINK HOLDS THE BLOWER WHEEL. CAN I SEAL THAT WITH ALUMINUM COIL STOCK OR SOMETHING? EITHER WAY I NEED TO TAKE IT OUT AND INSTALL THE WHEEL, SO PLEASE MAKE A RECOMENDATION

You can either just use some tin tape or just silicone it over there is no pressure on it.

OK, I WILL DO THAT WHEN I AM DONE, HOW DO I DISSASEMBLE THIS SO I CAN INSTALL THE WHEEL

There are a couple screws that are by the motor pulley on the plate that attached the motor plate to the bottom of the unit once those are removed the whole blower housing and motor assembly should slide straight back and come out. Then you can remove the front of the blower housing to get the wheel out.

OK
THE WEBSITE WAS FROZEN FOR THE LAST 20 & MINUTES. THE BLOWER COVER IS OFF AND THE BLOWER WHEEL IS SPINNING. I UNDERSTAND I HAVE TO SPIN IT CLOCKWISE BUT DO NOT SEE HOW TO STOP THE WHEEL FROM SPINNING AS I TRY TO TAKE IT OFF

You have to hold the motor shaft with a visegrip or wrench to get the blower off.

OK I'LL GO OUT TO MY TRUCK FOR A VISE GRIP

ok sounds good note the blower is a left hand thread

I have to leave soon lets pick this up tomorrow!

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving for my service. That will also allow you to come back to me right here anytime for as many FREE questions you have!

OK TOMORROW
I put it all back together. plugged it in, the display lit up, I pressed start, got a click, but nothing happened. any idea what went wrong?

Check the idler pulley slide switch, there is a slide switch on the pulley that you have to press to reset it or it will not run.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician