Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a brand new unimac dryer and it has AF2 code. Brand…

We have a brand...

We have a brand new unimac dryer and it has AF2 code

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Brand new just took it out the box. Model number U Tt 025 n q t B2 G2 w03

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It's under warranty but if it's something simple to do I was going to try it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No just trying to figure that out

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/21/2017
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your dryer. Please give me a moment to review your question.

The code you are getting means restricted airflow. Try removing the vent from the back and running it and you should not get that code. This means that you have some issue with the venting in the home or in the tube from the dryer to the wall. You can also check to see how the air flows outside at the exit of the vent. It should approximately be the same as that coming out of the dryer when the vent is disconnected.

- I hope I have earned a five star rating from you. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. A rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen will allow free follow up questions for this appliance through this link. Thank you.

I have already done that and code still there.

Is air freely flowing out of the back of the dryer?

Engineer-Tech