Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a fridge that has the freezer on bottom and it

started making a noise and...
We have a fridge that has the freezer on bottom and it started making a noise and then just the refrigerator portion stopped working. What could be wrong?
10/20/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The refrigerator cools by stealing air from the refrigerator section which means that even though the freezer is working, something is blocking the air up to the refrigerator. This means that you either have a defrost problem or the fan inside the freezer behind the back panel isn't running and needs to be replaced. Pull everything out of the freezer and remove the back panel. If the fan isn't running then replace it. If there is a lot of frost build up, then use a hair dryer to thaw it all out. You will then need to test continuity through the defrost heate. The defrost heater runs along the bottom of the silver coils and the defrost thermistor the 1" white plastic bullet clipped onto the top of the silver coils. if the heater doesn't have continuity, then replace it. Otherwise replace the thermistor.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
That helps a lot - so the noose was probably the fan! Also I couldn't figure out how to access it so now I know it is from the INSIDE.

Aye, I would guess that it's from the fan hitting frost or ice, or just the fan going out if there is no frost or ice build up.