Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Cooking range: what is the difference between a drop in

cooking range: what is the...
cooking range: what is the difference between a drop in range & a slide in range?
10/20/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Slide in ranged sit on the kitchen floor and slide back into a open area between 2 cabinets and countertops. A drop in range is smaller and it actually sits inside of a cabinet so there is nothing below the oven door like a warming drawer or utility drawer which most slide in ranges would have.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

As long as you have a 30" wide space where the oven goes and you want to remove the cabinet where the drop in range normally goes, you can use a slide in range instead. Typically the only reason a drop in range is used is because they are narrow and shorter for smaller kitchens.

I am not quite sure I understand your response. Let me ask my question another way. Is there any reason I cannot utilize a free standing range in the space cut out for a range?

If you don't have the space for it. You need to measure the width of the opening between your cabinets. You need to have 30" Most drop in ranges are narrower than that.

I am aware of the need for the width; I just wanted to know if there was any issues with the range being a fully contained unit. I cannot converse with you as I have a speech impediment.

Understood. As long as the width of the cut out is 30" you can definitely use a slide in range, there is no problem with that. If you remove the drop in range and you have a cabinet that runs along the bottom of where the old range sits, you would need to remove that lower area so that your slide in range and sit directly on the kitchen floor.

Thank you; you have just given me the answer I was seeking. I will not say ciao ***** ***** night.

Alright, good night to you as well! Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc