Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My water dispenser is not working. I replaced the filter but…

My water dispenser is...

My water dispenser is not working. I replaced the filter but still nothing coming out model # GSH25SGRE SS

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Well I just recently got back from overseas and my fiancé said its been going on for the past 8 months

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

ice maker works just fine

10/19/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Hello

On this particular GE refrigerator, the most common issue is that the water line inside the door freezes. Remove the kick panel below the refrigerator and freezer doors and look for the water line disconnect just behind the front panel near the freezer door hinge. Disconnect the water line and shut the door. Press the water dispenser and see if water comes out of the water line at the bottom where you'd disconnected the water line. If water comes out, you'll need to just turn the refrigerator off and leave the door open for about 45 minutes and that will allow the door to heat up enough that when you connect the water line to the door again, it should start to dispense water again. Using a hair dryer to warm up the door is also very useful.

There is a kit designed to add a heater to the dispenser so this does not happen in the future if the problem comes back. Below is a link to the kit and it comes with instructions on how to install it.

CLICK HERE for kit

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I'm having trouble disconnecting. any suggestions
just yank hard on it? I don't want to break it

The connection is a John Guest fitting. To remove it you must push in on the plastic collar toward the coupler right where the water lint enters the coupler. Then pull out on the water line. Sort of like a Chinese finger trap.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
youre the best man! appreciate it!!!