Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Frigidaire SxS refrigerator, FFHS2611LBK, shoots water of

the water dispenser when the...
My Frigidaire SxS refrigerator, FFHS2611LBK, shoots water of the water dispenser when the ice maker calls for ice. I replaced the diode and the water inlet valve yesterday and am still experiencing the issue.
Right the now the filter is also bypassed to eliminate it from the equation.
What else could cause this issue?
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Need more coffee - it shoots water out of the water dispenser when the ice maker calls for water to fill the tray.
10/19/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

Then you would have a bad dispenser control.

CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving for my service. That will also allow you to come back to me right here anytime for as many FREE followup questions you have!

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Is there anyway to test to see if this is the issue first? I'm assuming not, but it doesn't hurt to ask!

Not really, if you have replaced all those parts that is all it can be. There are no other parts to the circuit.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Thank you, I'll give it a shot!
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Just FYI - I don't know if this makes a difference or not, but I disconnected the yellow valve, which I believe is for the water dispenser. When I depress the dispenser, water still comes out. It makes a loud noise, but there is still water.

Yeah I would replace that part for sure.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
It ended up being a bad connection with the diode. I cut off the connections it came with and reconnected with wire nuts, and everything is working as it should now.

Weird issue for sure glad you got it.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
It was a last-ditch effort on my part. Doing this for whatever reason stopped the noise the filter change brought on, made water dispensing for door and icemaker silent, and stopped dripping and spewing when ice maker called for the water. My guess is the voltage was off just enough to cause the valves to malfunction.

sounds like it for sure.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician