Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool dryer that the buzzer to signal end of…

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool...

I have a Whirlpool dryer that the buzzer to signal end of cycle does not work. Is there a way to fix the signal buzzer? MOD WGD96HEAW 0 SER M24002148

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

4-1/2 years ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It was and maybe still under warranty but the store I purchased this at has been claiming for a year now that they cannot fix it because the computer board has been discontinued and the speaker is attached to the board

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is the speaker the problem? Is it attached to the computer board?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

Yes the board would need to be changed out if it is not working at all are you sure you have held the Cycle signal button down for 3 secs to make sure it is actually turned on?

No. I believe you are wasting my time and money. Do you have a solution or not?

Let me see if another expert can assist.

Appliance Technician: Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician

The part is available - part number WPW10446445 and available from www.repairclinic.com. However, do you want to spend $370.00 to just hear the signal at the end of the cycle. Perhaps you could buy a cheap timer with a signal from a hardware store. Won't be exactly accurate , but set it for an hour , or use the timer on your microwave. Up to you , personally, I wouldn't spend that much.

Thank youNo Iwould not spend it either but the appliance store that I purchased the warranty with is claiming the part to be discontinued. They just don't what to spend $370.
No I know the part number and the fact that it is still available.It was worth the 28.00 to get the information. Now I can at least present my argument that the part is available, I told them about this a year ago when it was under warranty. It is all documented.Thank you for you hep.

T​hey should be able to get that part at the wholesale price , which is still lightly over $ 300.00 but it is available. jPlease rate my answers - it's how I get paid.