Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Samsung refig. new in the last, freezer on the

Customer Question
I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung refig. new in the last, freezer on the bottom pull out dour in the middle French doors with ice and water in the door. The ice maker is not producing ice as quickly as it use to. And ice comes out wetter is not as solid. their is a dull rumbling sound coming from the back of the fig near the icemaker and last their is some ice build up in the back of the ice maker. what is happening and how can is fix it

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I got it last spring from sear new model RF28HMEDBWW/AA

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I 'm a farmer I do almost everything

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't know I wire, weld, build ,construct I have more tool toy then most

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 9 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

That is likely an issue wiht the fan that supplies the air for the icemaker. The fan blade may be broken off the fan motor and wobbling not sending the right amount of air to the icemaker section hence the issue. Or the fan could be iced up and there could be an air blockage. Often it is just a matter of defrosting that entire area to fix the issue as the fans would ice over or frost up from time to time. I would manually defrost the icemaker compartment by shutting the unit off and taking the bin out and defrosting everything. Then try it out and see what happens.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving for my service. That will also allow you to come back to me right here anytime for as many FREE followup questions you have!