Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an LG LFX31925ST that is not cooling or making ice. I…

I have an LG LFX31925ST...
I have an LG LFX31925ST that is not cooling or making ice. I wanted to adjust the defrost timer but don't know where it is and if this is the likely culprit.
10/19/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

There is no defrost timer on the unit, that is controlled from the main control board and is not adjustable. Further that would have nothing to do with the issue. If it is not cooling pull the unit out and remove the bottom rear panel behind the unit and see if the compressor and fan next to the compressor is running and let me know what is or is not running.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
The fan is running.
Phone call session started

Is the compressor running?

Ok then the unit is out of freon and has a major freon leak. Is anything cooling at all?

Nothing

OK then the unit is totally out of freon and or the unit has a defective compressor. You would need to have a tap valve installed on the sealed system and check the pressures to see which is the issue. You would need a tech out for that.

Ok, thanks for your help.

No problem!