Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an LG refrigerator model LFXS24566S. The ice maker

Customer Question
I have an LG refrigerator...
I have an LG refrigerator model LFXS24566S. The ice maker has stopped working. I just replaced the water filter two days ago and it has not come on. Do I need to call a service representative?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I bought it two years ago. It was one of the last ones sold
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it isn't very complicated, Yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It appears to me that the ice making tray is angled. I don't know if this is the way it should be or not. The tray is holding strong.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
10/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 month ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Most likely if the issue just occurred after replacing the filter then possibly the fill tube above the icemaker froze. Either way, probably the best thing to do is determine if the icemaker isn't cycling and calling for water, or if water isn't actually making it to the refrigerator. First, make sure the freezer is below 10 degrees because the icemaker will not cycle if the temperature in the freezer is over 10 degrees (air from the freezer blows up into the ice compartment on the left refrigerator door). Next, fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and wait 24 hours to see if it cycles and dumps the ice. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. You can also make sure it's not frozen by disconnect the water line coming from the icemaker and going to the valve at the valve. Blow through the water line to make sure it's clear. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc