Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a hotpoint dryer that I bought and it will not run. I…

Customer Question
I have a hotpoint...

I have a hotpoint dryer that I bought and it will not run

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I do not know how old it is but the model # is htdx100ed6ww

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have put a new switch in it and also a new door switch and it still does not run

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 9 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

i have checked all of the circuts and the seem to be getting power

OK the most likely problem is the thermal high limit. Get the top off the unit and get to the heater housing at the back behind the drum. On the top right hand corner of the heater housing there is a small thermal fuse on it. CHeck that for continuity and replace it if it is bad. Here is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving for my service. That will also allow you to come back to me right here anytime for as many FREE followup questions you have!

i talk to you expert last night about a dryer problem and was told what to check that was not the problem and I would like a full refund