Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore dishwasher that is just over a yr old and

keeps throwing the code E25...
I have a Kenmore dishwasher that is just over a yr old and keeps throwing the code E25. We have cleaned out the lines and checked to make sure nothing is kinked. So how do we tell if it is the computer or the pump that is bad? Or could something else be wrong?
10/18/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This error does mean the dishwasher thinks there is a problem with the dishwasher draining. You'll need to pull the dishwasher out and remove the left side panel. Disconnect the drain hose and blow through it to make sure it's clear. If that's clear, then you need a multimeter to test power at the drain pump between the 2 wires that supply power to the drain pump. Start a cycle and the first thing the dishwasher does is drains for 30 seconds. If you have 110 volts to the pump, replace the pump. If you don't have 110 volts, replace the control board.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Pump seems to have 3 wires going to it. It surges for a bit at start up of cycle. It gets a fluctuating 30-45v between 2 of the wires.
The middle wire is the ground wire. You should just be interested in the 2 power wires(outside wires). If it’s surging then it’s getting 110 volts. The pump should turn on and off in the beginning to dislodge any potentiometer debris before is stays on constantly. If that’s how it works and the drain hose is clear, replace the pump.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It only goes to 45v. Not 110v.
Ok that’s a problem then. Replace the control board if your meter is accurate. Try an outlet to make sure the outlet read 110 volts on your meter
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is it easy enough to replace? Is it easy to get to? I'm a mechanic and have worked on some appliances.. But not this type of repair.

Depending on the style the control board is either under the tub along the right side, or the main board is in the upper right corner of the door. The one under the tub requires you to pull the dishwasher out to access it but other than that the board is all plug and play.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Good. Thanks a lot!

No problem and good luck.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Got the new control board in. Still comes up with E25 about 5 min into the cycle. What else can be wrong?

I would say you're getting 110 volts to the drain pump at this point then which means that either the drain hose is clogged or the drain pump is bad.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc