Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My refrigerator ice/water dispenser switch sticks on

My refrigerator ice/water dispenser...

My refrigerator ice/water dispenser switch sticks on frequently dispensing ice and water on the floor. How can I fix it. It is a Kenmore

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Kenmore Elite bottom freezer double door about 5 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to as I live very remote

10/17/2017
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The repair depends on the model of the unit as they made several different designs for the dispenser system I will need the model number to help you out. The model number is ***** on a tag which is on the refrigerator wall on the left or right side on the inside of the fridge. Send me the model number on that tag and I can help you.

Model number795.72053.316

Thanks for that info, Please give me a few minutes to look up that model. Thank you for your patience.

sorry I will have to opt out and let another expert help you with this as that model is actually an LG built unit and I do not have any information on that particular model. Some one should be along shortly.

Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Oftentimes, the dispenser lever just needs to be cleaned and any residue removed. The dispenser switch may also be failing. The attached pages show how to disassemble the dispenser for cleaning and access to replace the dispenser switch.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

9a9ab1da-b9ee-4c0d-bbe0-...jpg9a9ab1d...jpgc7a3e272-f13a-4469-ae96-...jpgc7a3e27...jpg2e2aad15-7c15-4cb4-ab54-...jpg2e2aad1...jpg
Kelly, Appliance Technician