Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Haier wine cooler that has worked perfectly for

several years. I noticed the...
I have a Haier wine cooler that has worked perfectly for several years. I noticed the temp indicator reading 84 degrees. Unplugged the unit, waited a couple minutes and reinstalled the plug. Unit immediately started running and cooled to 47 degrees and turned off. Will not automatically restart I've sent the temp control to 55 degrees and the unit started cooling, but lowered the temp again to 47 degrees and shut off. Will not restart automatically. Do I need to replace the mother board or something else. Thank you very much for your help with this problem. ***** *****(###) ###-####
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/17/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the unit isn't start up on it's own after it reaches the temperature, that means that your control board is failing. This unit doesn't have a mechanical thermostat, it just has a temperature sensor which is reading properly because it's telling you the temperature is 84 degrees when it warms up. Resetting power can reset the board but usually isn't a permanent fix. The main board for your cooler would need to be replaced to fix the issue and on most of these Haier units, that can cost as much as a new wine cooler depending on your model number so If the part is over $150, I'd probably be looking at getting a new cooler.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much. I've seen the board for my unit in the $40.00 range so I think I'll take a shot at changing it my self. Thanks again Bruce
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc