Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Kenmore fridge, model 970-707034. does not defrost

Kenmore fridge, model###-##-#### does not...
Kenmore fridge, model###-##-#### does not defrost automatically. Heater test ok and so does bimetal. Does this mean I have a bad control? If so which one?
10/17/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You are exactly right, this means you have a bad main control board if the heater and the bimetal both check good. Now this is a Canadian model so unfortunately only parts suppliers in Canada can look up your unit, but typically there is a main control board under the refrigerator in a plastic box. Remove the vent panel on the front along the bottom of the refrigerator to see the plastic box with the board inside and that is the board you need to replace. If your model doesn't have a board inside a plastic box down there, then the board would be inside the control panel at the top of your refrigerator section. Since this model is made by Frigidaire for Sears and sold under the Kenmore brand (you can tell this because of the 970 in the beginning of the model).

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Sorry
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc