Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a JennAir Model JGS8860BDP slide in Gas range with…

Customer Question
I have a JennAir...

I have a JennAir Model JGS8860BDP slide in Gas range with convection 30". My friend operated the self clean oven cycle and now I cannot get the bake or broil functions to work. Nothing happens when I press those buttons on the quickset pad. Other buttons seem to work, but not the oven light button either.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The range is probably at least 12 years old and it is described as a luxury gas range converted to propane fuel. The only model number I can find is the JGS8860BDP

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am happy to have a technician do it but I was wondering if there was some trouble shooting I could do myself to get the bake and broil functions to operate again

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm not sure! I bought this house a year ago so this oven wasn't purchased by me

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

John, Home Appliance Technician