Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My samsung electric clothes dryer model dv42h5200ep/a3 won't

my samsung electric clothes dryer...
my samsung electric clothes dryer model dv42h5200ep/a3 won't start. The indicator has a flashing red "filter check". My dryer has a clean filter and the exhaust vent if clean. Thanks, Mick
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The dryer is 2 years old and the model # DV42H5200EP/A3
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Samsung is slow to respond and I am try to repair it myself
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: When I talked to Samsung on Friday they said that there is two sensors for the filter
10/16/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

Can you remove the top on the unit?

I can
I have the top of the dryer off

OK can you see the belt?

Not really

Ok that is the issue, it is either broken or has come off the pulley

Here is a link to help you replace it.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

I think that the belt is located below the drum and that I would need to remove the drum to see the belt

Yeah the belt is broken use that video to order one and replace it. Very common issue!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Where do I find the video to replace the belt on my Samsung dryer
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician