Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a kssc48qtso2 refrigerator. It gradually got warm in…

Customer Question
Hi Kelly, I have a...
Hi Kelly, I have a kssc48qtso2 refrigerator. It gradually got warm in refrigerator side while cold in freezer side. I cleaned the fan blades which were dirty with grease. I sprayed the coils with electric cleaner. But I wasn’t able to get to vacuum the coils . They are behind a metal frame with tinny openings. Should I take off the whole top cabinet to get at coils to clean them better? Now the refrigerator is clicking off and on when I open the door. So I thought I would check the condenser fan as it moved not freely when I cleaned it. Am I on the right track here? Thanks! Tom
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 9 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

Tom I doubt cleaning the coils will change the issue at hand. It sounds like you have a bad main board, when that unit starts to click on and off when opening the door or shuts off and turns on like that you need to replace this part here at my link below, note the part is NO LONGER AVAILABLE so you have to send them in for repair to get the unit back working again. This happens all the time on that unit. If you want to clean the condenser you need to put a wet towel on one side and use compressed air to blow it out into the wet towel so you do not make a huge mess. Also the board is located right up by the compressor and condenser fan and is a plug and play part.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

How do it release the circuit board? There are plastic looks like a screw at all 4 corners of board do I turn them pull them twist etc I tried to pull out afraid to damage board please advise?

Use a needle nose pliers and squeeze them while pulling the board out.

I squeeze put and pull but they don’t move should I snip them off and use some plastic screws to hook it up when back from repair I don’t want to pull so hard as to damage board

You can if you have to usually just squeeze one and wiggle the board to get it free then move to the next one. I have never had issue with it coming out.