Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We bought a samsung gas stove and a handyman we know

installed it for us. It...
We bought a samsung gas stove and a handyman we know installed it for us. It replaced our old gas stove. We have been using the burners and all fine, but when I went to use the oven while it was on it smelled weird. Is this normal for new ovens or can it be a problem?
10/16/2017
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Yes it is normal when you start to use the oven for it to have a odor , you have the inner oven liner that has a thin coating of oil on it to keep it from rusting in storage.

the bonding agent in the insulation will also have a slight odor. and the burners and other metal components with in the oven will be heating up and any oil or coatings will be burning off when the oven is in use..

You may have this odor for several uses before it starts to lessen .

If you have any questions just reply back to me.

Master Tech
Okay, Great! Thanks

glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

Thank you!