Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an Admiral Dryer that has stopped working. The "Push

I have an Admiral Dryer...
I have an Admiral Dryer that has stopped working. The "Push To Start" button has resistance indicating it is working. The dryer door safety sensor has resistance indicating it is working. The breaker is working and there is 240volts at the plug. The timer is extremely hot to the touch after 1/2 of stopping working. Model AED4675YQ0 Serial M24268817
10/16/2017
Nolan Rettig
Nolan Rettig, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your issues today. Please give me a minute to review your question.

So you can't get the unit to start at all but the timer is hot to the touch?

Well it sounds like you have an ohm meter which is a good thing, the next thing you will want to check is the thermal fuse. To access this you have to remove the back panel by taking out the nine 1/4" screws around the back securing it. Once you remove those and get the back off, ensure the unit is unplugged and look for the small white piece towards the outlet vent with two blue wires attached. Check continuity across those two terminals and see if you have anything there.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will do that tomorrow. I am no longer in a position that I can test the thermal fuse.

No problem just let me know what you find out.

Alright yep as I suspected, that is the one I was talking about. That will need to be replaced to get it back running. The part number for that fuse is WP3392519. I would definitely check the ducting going from the dryer outside the house to make sure it is all clear and has good airflow, that is the most common reason for that fuse to blow when there is something blocking the exhaust.

Nolan Rettig
Nolan Rettig, Home Appliance Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We cleaned out the lint and dust that was in the air flow and there was some but not a TON. I will get it ordered! I was just really concerned that the metal timer was still staying so warm/hot even with it not running. I will replace and keep an eye on it. Thank you.

Did you also check where it goes outside the house? Sometimes that gets enough to block it up a little as well. No problem happy to help!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That is correct. The unit will not turn on at all. However when I started taking the back off the metal casing to the timer was hot to the touch. It wouldn't burn you but I don't feel it should be hot or even warm when the unit isn't working.

Alright just making sure. That is a little odd that it would be hot, the timer motor might have been moving however, the fuse is in line after the timer so it will still have power to it even with the fuse being out.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I should have the replacement Friday so if something goes wrong I will message you for further assistance and we can start over. I am going to replace all three thermal sensors since I am right there.

Sure thing just let me know!

Nolan Rettig
Nolan Rettig
Nolan Rettig, Home Appliance Technician