Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Samsung refrigerator/freezer. freezer quit Sat. night all…

Samsung refrigerator/freezer. freezer...

Samsung refrigerator/freezer. freezer quit Sat. night all food thawed and water on floor

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

10 yeqrs old or a little more? model, RS2545SH.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not unlesws very simple.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I put the power cool on and it tried for a while only gaining about 10degrees in the freezer. The fridge side went down to 33 degrees.

10/15/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

OK the unit is likely running low on freon, check and make sure the condenser is clean. If it is then remove the back panel inside the freezer section and check the evaporator coil. If only part of it is frosted and not the whole thing, the rest being bare aluminum then you have a freon leak. If that is the case the fix is too expensive for the unit and I would start looking for a new one. Note the refrigerator section often will maintain temps still because there is enough freon to get to 37 degreees, but not enough to get to 0 degrees. Check that out and see what you find and get back to me!

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician