Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have a Maytag Gas Dryer (MGDZ400TQ2) and it is spinning

Hello, we have a Maytag...
Hello, we have a Maytag Gas Dryer (MGDZ400TQ2) and it is spinning but not putting off heat. Where do we start to troubleshoot this?
Thank you!
10/15/2017
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Give me just a moment to pull up some information for you and I will be right with you.

do​ you have a mutlimeter? If so the first part we will need to check is the thermal fuse. This is the most common to go bad and is easy to replace. Its located next to the the blower housing in the back of the unit.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t have one, should I go buy one now?

that would make things a whole lot easier so its not a guessing game. Its always good to have one on hand. Your local appliance or hardware store will have them in stock and they are less then 20 dollars at most places.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m going to run to HD, are we able to keep this line of communication open? I will be back in 20-30 mins

yes we can follow up when your back.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m back, how do I go about testing the thermal fuse

sorry for the delay I had to step away as well. Do you see the videos with the link I sent you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I access where the thermal fuse is, I'm not seeing the videos
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do I need to take the front panel off? If so, how is that done on this model?

click on the link I sent you and scroll down. You will need to take the back off and it will be on your left hand side from the back .Here is the link again.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Fuse/WP3392519/2986?modelNumber=MGDZ400TQ2​

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have the top off and I see a fuse box, is this the right one or do I need to continue taking the back off?

I think you may be referring to the control board (part 16 of the control panel parts diagram)

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/MGDZ400TQ2/3048/0151200.html?searchType=modelSearch&q=MGDZ400TQ2&searchTerm=MGDZ400TQ2​

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
keep taking apart the back?

yes the back needs to come off please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Bottom is not disconnecting, do I need to take off the gas line and foil tubing piece? Is there a disassembly guise?

have you seen the videos on the link I sent you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The videos aren’t for my model, seems irrelevant. One is telling me to go through the front. Is there a video for my model or at least brand?

one moment

I wanted to follow up with you to see if the second video had helped at all or if you were still dealing with the issue?

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician