Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an electric dryer, DV42H5000EWA3, it is not

Customer Question
I have an electric...

I have an electric dryer, DV42H5000EWA3, it is not generating heat on any drying cycle

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

No, what is power cycling the appliance and unplug for how many hours?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No but unplugging for a few hours I can do

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, just no heat on any cycle

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 10 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

Normally on that dryer if it runs but you get no heat the heating element is burned out. You can check the thermostats on the heater as well, but you still have to get to the heater to do that. Check the heater and the thermostats there for continuity and see which one is burned out. In my experience as long as you have 240 volts to the unit for sure with nothing wrong with the wiring at the terminal block you have a bad heater. Note the part number in the video is the one you need.

CLICK HERE VIDEO and PART

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Cost of replacing heating element

The element is only $25 a company will charge you about $250 to do the job.

Thank you done

OK all I ask is please use the star rating link at the top of your page for me before leaving thanks!