Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 24 inch Liebherr refrigerator with a freezer below.

Customer Question
I have a 24...

I have a 24 inch Liebherr refrigerator with a freezer below. It is just 2 years old and it will no longer keep ice cream frozen. There is a heavy layer of ice not he back wall of the freezer.

Contractor's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Okay

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing more than I wrote originally.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 9 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

That is a defrost issue you need to remove the rear panel in the freezer section. If the evaporator is built up with excessive frost you need to defrost the frost build up with a hairdryer or steamer. Then you need to check the heater for continuity and the defrost thermostat for continuity as well, that is clipped to the evaporator. It has to be cold to test it and it should read continuity with an ohm meter as well when cold. If all that tests good you likely have a bad defrost control.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.