Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My maytag MZD2766Ges water dispenser stopped working.filter…

My maytag MZD2766Ges water...

My maytag MZD2766Ges water dispenser stopped working.filter is new and water line is also. What is the next step to look for.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

MZD2766GES dont know how old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

10/13/2017
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

If you lay your ear on the cabinet, do you hear it humming/buzzing when you push the dispenser paddle in to call for water?

No, just a click from the switch when pressed
Hello?

Great, thank you! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The dispenser control has a high failure rate on this model. It is shown as number 12 in the diagram at the link below. Check the door connections by the hinge, check connections in the dispenser and see troubleshooting on attached pages and replace that board if all found to be in good condition.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

1e3050f2-9c66-4f22-bd2e-...jpg1e3050f...jpg5bd62acc-91db-4eea-8427-...jpg5bd62ac...jpg1ddcb00c-85b9-4a66-94d4-...jpg1ddcb00...jpg
kelly, now i am hearing the humming when pushing the trigger. Compressor was running before. Guess it was too loud. ice dispenser working perfectly. still the board?

No, not if you hear the valve humming, a much easier fault! :~)

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

I just heard it draw water into system.

When dispensing or for the ice maker?

after dispensing ice and crushed ice

If the ice maker is still working, we know the water supply is adequate and the primary valve is okay. So, that means the secondary valve is faulty. That valve is mounted in the back of the cabinet down by the compressor. It is pretty easily replaced, it has two different sized water lines to it so you can easily tell which valve it is.

CLICK HERE

Kelly, Appliance Technician