Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a magic chef dual zone wine cooler model MCWBC77DZC

Customer Question
and it works but it...
I have a magic chef dual zone wine cooler model MCWBC77DZC and it works but it will not cool down to the desired temperature. What might be the issue and any solutions you can provide?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
10/13/2017
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago
travis webb

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I still need help
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

h​ave you tried unplugging it for 5 minutes to do a hard reset? It could be a bad thermistor.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’ll give that a try this week and let you know.
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

sounds good keep me posted.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If that doesn’t work what’s plan b?
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

W​ell after checking that we will have to move on to testing parts. You are welcome to get back to me here on this thread at any time.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m not home but sent your answer to my dad about unplugging and he sent me this text...Mention “compressor relay”...
right now, the unit stays at 73 degrees. The compressor appears to be trying to work, and there’s no evidence of a coolant leak.
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

is the compressor running at all?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There’s a picture of the back
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

is​ the compressor running hot or warm?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Warm (not too hot to touch)
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

so with that being said the sounds of it is that your thermistor may be the part at fault. Everything is running as it should the compressor should be warm and it is cooling just not getting cool enough.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

j​ust one more thing is the fan running inside the unit?

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

if the fan is running this is the sensor I am talking about that is going to need to be replaced.

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/312180200222/0046/252.html?modelNumber=MCWBC77DZC&categoryName=Wine Cooler&brandName=MAGIC CHEF​

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Fan is running
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

so then the sensor I sent you is the problem and will need to be replaced.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Why do yOu think the sensor needs replaced? Isn’t the sensor what tells the control to turn the compressor on and off? Since the compressor is running how would replacing the sensor change that?
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

no the control board tells the compressor to run the sensor is like a thermostat in the unit telling the unit when its cold enough or not cold enough. Its the only logical part that makes sense to be at fault at this point.

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb