Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Outdoor Kitchen and ventilation We have an ice maker,

Outdoor Kitchen and ventilationWe have...
Outdoor Kitchen and ventilationWe have an ice maker, refrigerator, and a kegerator all of which have openings cut to the dimensions the manufacturers suggest.We are on our 2nd kegerator both would freeze up.Do we need to vent the back, front or both?I feel like it is too hot and humid behind all the appliances and this is the problem.
10/10/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Normally you shouldn't need to vent the back of the refrigerator or any of those appliances, but given hot and humid conditions this is likely too much for the refrigerator to handle due to the quickness of the frost building up and the amount the compressor needs to run to cool down the temperature since it's in a hot and humid environment. Pull the unit out and see if it makes a difference not installed in the cabinets. If not, then there is nothing you can do but get a different unit that might work better under these conditions. If it does work normally while uninstalled, you're going to want to add a vent to the back so it can cool the compressor easier so it doesn't run quite as much.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

the original kegerator is in our garage and is running fine.

I'm not sure if your garage is cooler or not, but if you pull the kegerator out from the cabinets and it runs fine outside, then just cut a vent in the back and you should be good to go.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Perfect thank you.
When it was not mounted in the cabinet it ran fine. This issue started after mounting it in the outdoor kitchen.Would the vent need to be at the top or the bottom on the back.

Ok then sounds like you're on the right track. The vent would need to be along the bottom of the kegerator on the back.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc