Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just installed a new Norcold 6 cu ft ref with two doors. I…

Customer Question
Hi, I just installed...

Hi, I just installed a new Norcold 6 cu ft ref with two doors. I have it plugged into a 110 socket and tested, to know it is hot.I have the 12 volt hooked up and the door panel lights up and functions. I have the gas hooked up to bu I only want to run it on AC power right now. It dosn't seem to come on. I would hear the compressor, wouldn't I?I did have it on it's side for a while last night about 11:00 PM to put in the door panels. I had to remove the bottom hinge to perform this procedure.Would that stop it from running right away. I get no messages saying there is any kind of problem. Help.

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

No but I can do that now.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have no one else right now.I'm on my own. unless I can find a service person

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of. It's brand new going into new construction in a restored 67 silver Streak trailer.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/10/2017
Appliance Technician: RJ, Appliance Tech. replied 9 months ago
RJ
RJ, Appliance Tech.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the model of the Norcold???

Robert

NX64
I can not hear the compressor working but the freezer seems to be working some but the lower box is still 80 degrees.

There is no compressor on a RV fridge so you would not hear anything at all unless the LP flame was going, the solution inside the boiler gets heated and then it circulates through the system. Click HERE and it will explain the theory of operation and give you a troubleshooting chart.

I suspect what happened is the solution inside the fridge got blocked when you laid it on it's side. These units do not do good at all when they are off level or put on the side, you should never do that as it can cause the cooling unit to become blocked. Once the cooling unit becomes blocked then it may need to be replaced. You would also not get any faults on the display, everything would appear to be working the freezer may also get cold as in your case.

If you just purchased this and it is brand new I might return it to see if you can get a new one and I would not disclose they you had it on it's side. IT is possible it is bad from the box but if you say it was on it's side they may not exchange it for you.

Go through the manual it might help you out some....

Let me know if you have more questions or concerns.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page..

Robert

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert