Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have ge monogram all propane 48 range with griddle and

grill. Lock symbol flashes once...
Have ge monogram all propane 48 range with griddle and grill. Lock symbol flashes once per second on the big oven. Lock mechanism kept cycling between locked and unlocked. Pulled the lock mechanism out and disconnected the wires but lock symbol still flashing.
10/9/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately one of the switches on your door latch mechanism has failed. If the switches are just screwed in, you can try to replace the switch separately, but if the switches can't be separated from the latch assembly, you'll need to replace the entire latch assembly. Disconnecting the wires won't allow you to use the oven because then it's not sure if the latch is locked or open so for safety reasons it'll keep flashing the lock symbol and won't allow you to use the oven in the mean time.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hi Tyler. Do you know where I can purchase a new lock assembly? I live on St Croix in the Virgin Islands so there is no Monogram repair person on island. And I know Monogram is very selective in who they sell to.

I can look up the part if you give me the full model number and give you a place to order it, buy shipping may be something you have to figure out because I don't know anyone that ships outside of the US and Canada.

Sorry. Service is spotty just had a cat 5 hurricane couple weeks ago. Model is ZGP484LGRSS. I can have it shipped to a freight forwarder in Florida.

That's quite alright. OK sounds good. The latch part number for your model is WB02K10206 it appears. And you can order in the link below if you wanted.

CLICK HERE for latch assembly

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Thanks Tyler. I will rate you a five. Have a good day.
Hey Tyler. Before I bought the part I decided to put the lock assembly from the small oven into the big oven. Light is still flashing which means it something other than the lock assembly.
That's not necessarily true. You need to have both lock assemblies installed or the light will continue to flash
Then why when I only had the lock assembly in my small oven and that oven was working but now have the good one in the big oven it is flashing

I couldn't say.