Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The ice maker on top works but the ice maker in the freezer…

The ice maker on...

The ice maker on top works but the ice maker in the freezer does not ,why?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

French door type ,what settings?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hope not!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Top maker was out about 6 months ago everything worked after that . then no ice on bottom for abuot 5days now.

10/9/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section and seen if you just open the refrigerator door.

RFG298HDRS/XAA

OK so the first thing to do is open the freezer and push the small square plastic button on the bottom of the icemaker head and hold it for 15 seconds. See if the icemaker will cycle and fill over the next 2 minutes. What does the icemaker do exactly?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Phone call session started