Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Front loading washer. Front loading washer maker funny

front loading washer JA: What's the...
front loading washer
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: front loading washer maker funny clanging noise A10 error code going to drain/spin will not empty tub
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if that is a reasonable job
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: best guess is the grandkids had stuff like sticks or rocks in a shorts pocket which is messing up the drain cycle
10/9/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

A10 means that the washer won't drain properly. There is a lower front panel on your washer that you can pry on in the seam above the lower front panel to unclip the bottom panel and get it out of your way. In the bottom right corner is a 3" plastic hand twist cap. You'll need to unscrew this plastic cap and be ready because all the water in the tub will come flooding out so you need a wet vac or lots of towels to soak up the washer. Attached to the back of this hand twist cap is a coarse plastic filter catch which should catch change and things left in pockets. Remove any debris you find and re-install the cap. Try a new cycle and if the unit still acts up, the drain pump would need to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Below is a video on how to clean out the drain catch for this style washer

CLICK HERE for video

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc