Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Working on a French door bottom freezer Samsung refrigerator…

Working on a French door...
Working on a French door bottom freezer Samsung refrigerator model number RF267AERS. Bottom freezer is not freezing properly, refrigerator working fine.
10/9/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

OK the unit is likely running low on freon, check and make sure the condenser is clean. If it is then remove the back panel inside the freezer section and check the evaporator coil. If only part of it is frosted and not the whole thing, the rest being bare aluminum then you have a freon leak. If that is the case the fix is too expensive for the unit and I would start looking for a new one. Note the refrigerator section often will maintain temps still because there is enough freon to get to 37 degreees, but not enough to get to 0 degrees. Check that out and see what you find and get back to me!
All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

I will be looking at this refrigerator tomorrow.

OK sounds good!

Does this freezer evaporator cover have styrofoam behind it?

Yes it does and it is part of the plastic outer panel it should come off in one piece.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
I'm trying to get the part number for the freezer evaporator cover. It's covered in ice and I don't have lots of time to defrost it. I prefer to replace it.
Can you help e get this part number?

Sure I nee the complete BOM number off the tag and any revision number to get you the right one!

Rf267aers/xaa01

Here is the complete kit

CLICK HERE

THIS IS FOR THE REFRIGERATOR . I WAS ASKING FOR FREEZER EVAP COVER.
Thank you

No problem!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician