Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Hotpoint stove / oven and the Oven Set switch

Customer Question
I have a Hotpoint...

I have a Hotpoint stove / oven and the Oven Set switch appears be be faulty. I've checked a number pf places locally and they can't seem to be able to locate the replacement part. Most just shrug their shoulders and say they don't have it and can't get it. From there it's "let me show you this appliance.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I can get the model number. hold on a minute

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I am a radio station engineer and that shouldn't be above my level of intelligence

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model # is R B525 0J1AD I have no idea when it was made as it was here when we moved in to the house

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

when your saying the oven set switch . can you better explain ?

it looks as if this model has a oven selector and thermostat is that what your referring too?

It says Bake - off - Broil on the switch and controls the placement of the 220 volts to the coils in the oven
The thermostat control is seperate

ok so you only have one selector switch

I`m showing you have two switches in the center of the range control panel the one left of center would have bake , Broil and the one right of center has the temperature you want in the oven .is that correct?

it is the one on the left

ok So your looking for the oven selector switch ( the one on the left of center that has Bake /Broil on it.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

it is item #11 third switch from the left and the first switch left of center .

https://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/E2101112-00001.png

Thanks for your help.Te part is a bit more pricy than I thought so I will have to order it next week

no problem I`m not sure why others could not find it , it was easy to find !

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.