Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ice maker isn't working. Tried a reset, but it didn't…

Customer Question
My ice maker isn't...

My ice maker isn't working. Tried a reset, but it didn't "ping" after several seconds of holding the reset button. After 24 hrs, still not making ice. Did have a "wheezing sound" it was making prior to the reset, but that has stopped. Is it time to call a technician or is this a repair I can do?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

This has not done this before. Refer is Samsung RFG237AARS/XAA dated Nov 2011. Also, when putting the ice bin back in prior to it stopping making ice, it wouldn't go all the way in. Got it in, but same thing happened when resetting... had to turn the metal piece at the back of the icemaker to get the bin in.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Perhaps, if it is simple enough.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing I can think of...

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 10 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

I haven't gotten an answer to my question, so not sure why I was just charged the additional $31. Will you be sending the information shortly?

IS there water in the mold?

Not that I can tell.

If not you may have a bad fill valve on the unit, this is not easy to change out. If there is water in the mold and it is not dumping the ice the icemaker may just be bad, which is very common. It is not too bad to change out if you are handy. If it is a filling issue I would honestly get a tech out as that is something that is not easy to change out.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

I'll get a tech. thx. Not really happy to pay $36 to get pushed for $24 more for a real telephone call when you probably should just say get a tech.

I am just a tech on the site, the site does all that I honestly have nothing to do with that nor see what you are seeing, the rating is solely for me and I apologize about the site issues I wish they would change that.