Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool accubake wall oven with error codes of E1…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool accubake wall oven with error codes of E1 F5. The door is locked. We have flipped the circuit breaker, started the clean cycle and then after a few minutes cleared this with no effect.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We just moved in about two months ago and did not get any manueals. The house was built in 2007. I can not see a model number on the outside of the oven I suppose this is inside the oven door which is locked

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We are going through our HMS home warrenty policy. The earliest they can come out is the 20. Can goods and microwave meals are getting boring

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I see the cook top which is seperate from the oven is a GE brand so that's no help

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So to start, the error literally means the door latch has failed which is why the door won't open. Try turning the breaker off to the unit for 60 seconds to see if it will reset. When you turn the circuit breaker on go inside and push on the door and hold it for a minute or two in case it's rubbing on the door latch not letting it release. If that doesn't work, then try to set the self clean, wait 60 seconds and cancel it to see if that will reset the door latch assembly. If nothing resets the door lock, then you just need to manually open the door and replace the door latch assembly. It's not easy to manually unlock the door. You'll need to use a coat hanger and pull the latch assembly from RIGHT to LEFT by slipping it down between the door and the oven frame at the top. Force the latch over to the left and open the door, then you can remove the panel in front of the door latch and replace the latch assembly.

Now I do want to also add that you may need something stronger than a coat hanger to manually open the door. If you have an "L-shaped" tool like a cotter pin puller or allen wrench, that might give you the added strength to be able to pull on the latch and release it.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?