Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE gshs3kgzbcss fridge is beeping (just one beep at a…

Customer Question
My GE gshs3kgzbcss fridge...

My GE gshs3kgzbcss fridge is beeping (just one beep at a time) every 30 secs aprox.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I have no idea, it's a rented apartment

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's something simple I can do it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, just started beeping yesterday and haven't stopped since then

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can you unplug the unit from the wall outlet and tell me does it still beep ?

And does the unit seem to be cooling properly?

I tried to unplug it and it continued beeping. And yes, it is cooling properly

ok You say you tried ,so was it unplugged or not?

I unpluged
I waited for a couple of minutes, but still beeping

ok so to be sure you have the refrigerator unplugged and you still have the beeping correct?

Correct

ok Well GOOD NEWS it is NOT the refrigerator that is making the beeping noise!!

You will need to investigate to see where the beeping is coming from ,! like a cell phone that needs to be charged or something that has a battery that needed to be replaced.

As you might be able to tell this is not the first time I have gotten this type of question .

If it had been the refrigerator doing the beeping it would have stopped when you had it unplugged due to the fact with the refrigerator unplugged it has no power to make any noises at all.

When you find the noise please let me know what it was !

No, the sound comes from there. There is no other electronic device or anything that can beep

do you have any drawers next to the refrigerator? or cabinet above the refrigerator check around or on top of the unit. .IT IS NOT the refrigerator

I have had cell phone s ,digital thermometers , digital scales that were beeping when the customer THOUGHT was the refrigerator ,but again if the refrigerator was unplugged and you still hear the beeping t is NOT the refrigerator

I have checked every drawer and there is nothing that can make that sound, and it clearly comes from the freezer door

again if the unit is unplugged you have no voltage for anything with in the refrigerator to work !!

let`s do this unplug the unit and leave it unplugged for 15 minutes ,and let me know if it still beeps !