Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ge fridge mod gfe28hshdss icemakers both quit working. It…

Customer Question
Ge fridge mod gfe28hshdss icemakers...
Ge fridge mod gfe28hshdss icemakers both quit working. It appears that they both stopped , the fingers on both are just under the front lip of the icemakers . The only thing they can tell me is that they moved it and after that it doesnt work. Tried unpluggin, tha t didnt do it and there are no errors
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
There is ice not ejected in both icemakers
10/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 10 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

Are the fill tubes to the icemakers frozen up? That was a common issue and there is a repair noted for that particular issue.

Nope , wide open. It looks like they both stopped mid cycle
All i hear are crickets

Is there water in the molds?

there is water in molds. sorry i didnt get ba ck to you sooner

OK then replace the icemaker that is not too bad of a job to do.

CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

there are 2 icemakers and they both stopped in the same spot.

Is the side wing out?

you still thinking both icemakers are bad.

Could be they are not sinked together

synced

sorry, whats a side wing and i m not surei understand the synced thing

Would you like the diagnostic service manual to put the unit into service mode and check them?

please,
im not paying another 20.00 to get an answer.

No problem, the service manuals are not free for this let me see if another expert can assist.

options?