Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Maxima Steam washer MHW4300DW0 and it just…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a Maytag Maxima Steam washer MHW4300DW0 and it just sits there with all the proper lights on like it will start its cycle. No codes. Yet when I put it in Self Test I get the error codes F03 and E01 flashing, Help please?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Maytag Maxima Steam washer MHW4300DW0 We have had it about 3 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, IF it isnt too technical

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, thats it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So this error means that something is going on with the pressure switch on the washer because it thinks the tub is overfilled with water which is why the unit won't unlock the door. The pressure switch is located under the top panel of the washer against the right side. Pull the washer forward, remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel, and the top panel will pull straight back, up, and then off. This pressure switch has a small rubber hose and several wires going to it. You'll want to disconnect the rubber hose and blow through it to make sure it's clear. Also make sure there are no small holes in the hose going to the bottom of the tub in case the tub rubbed a hole in the hose or something like that. If it all checks good, then replace the pressure switch. Below is a link to the pressure switch so you can order it if needed.

CLICK HERE for pressure switch

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Washer door is NOT locked, I removed everything from it. Cleaned the screens on the water inlets and cleaned out the water pump from underneath
Never mind, Just saw a 31 dollar transaction I didnt approve!

I'm not sure what you mean. This question is $36

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?